Precision Animal Solutions, LLC
210 Southwind Pl, Suite 204
Manhattan KS 66503 US
Copyright © 2015 Precision Animal Solutions
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- Accurate diagnosis is key to providing the correct therapy to the appropriate calf at the optimum time.
- REDI provides information to assist cattle health care managers in identifying calves that may need a therapeutic intervention.
- In a study at three locations of over 700 cattle comparing REDI to conventional management for high risk BRD calves (metaphylaxis and visual observation), REDI calves used significantly less antimicrobials with no differences identified in number treated or performance over a 60 day period.
- REDI monitors continuously, so sick calves can not hide from the system.
- This 24/7 monitoring leads to consistent disease classifications.
- Research has illustrated that REDI can find BRD calves an average of 18 hours before visual observation.
- Early therapeutic intervention promotes improved case outcomes.
- REDI has greater ability to identify sick animals (sensitivity)
- When REDI calls a calf sick it is likely they are truly ill (specificity).